Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Do you sleep better in rainy season?

I told my teacher in Swahili that I had enough sleep but I was still tired. He replied, “It’s because the rains haven’t come yet.” This did not make sense on a couple of levels.

1.) It has been raining off and on since I’ve been here. I would say that we haven’t gone more than about 3 days without it raining at night at least.
2.) Why would it not raining (if they really haven’t come) make me tired?

Here’s his reasoning: the “little” rain we’ve had in the past three weeks is not really ‘the rains’. When the rainy season actually gets here it will cool down a bit. (I would like to see that happen but I’m skeptical.) I’m tired even when I have enough sleep because even the nights are hot, not to mention the days and it takes it out of us.

Hmm. We’ll see. I would like to have more energy.

No comments: