Saturday, March 15, 2008

checking the weather

The past few days I have been a little obsessed with the weather. Partly because yesterday I got dehydrated and felt ill in the evening. I'm better today. I just found a site that gives the weather here in Morogoro. Up until recently I could only find the weather in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam, the capitals of Kenya and Tanzania respectively. But this site gives hourly updates. As I write it’s about 3 in the afternoon, which is about 7 AM CST. The temp here right now is about 89 degrees with a dew point of 66 degrees. No wonder I feel hot and sticky all the time! Ugh. I know I shouldn’t complain, especially since it’s only in the 40’s back home. But you know what they say… it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity! Ni joto sana!!! (It’s really hot!!!)

PS This got posted about an hour later because the electricity went out just as I was going to post.

No comments: