Friday, November 16, 2007

Matt Jones DO

I don't think I've called him Matty, I threaten to call him Jonesy. I should have titled this entry Dr Matt. And sometimes I call him Dr Jones in a German accent. Others call him daddy or sir or hubby. I call him friend. One of the great things about Matt is you can read how he has grappled with what to call himself at his blogspot. He's a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) in residency at the U of M in med/peds. Matt and his family joined our small group last year having moved here from Texas.

Matt came up to me at our fellowship dinner last night and said, "I have something for you." Intrigued I followed him back to the coat closet. He pulled out a folded piece of paper and told me that he had written this following an experience in his last rotation and had shared with a couple of colleagues that had urged him to get it published. He said, "Read this and give me your opinion." The essay is called Revival. It's not posted yet on his blog, but I am sure it won't be long. There are plenty of other great subjects there. I check his blog often. He's a very busy man with a demanding job, a wife and three small children, so he doesn't write often, but when he does it's worth reading. This article was short, but I still welled up with tears at the end. Matt will be a writer when he retires from doctoring (if that ever happens).

I have put a link to his site in my favorites on the right here.

No comments: