Friday I am sure I got the award for the most idiotic thing a person can do. First let me justify myself by telling you that here in Kenya we have 'normal' screw in light bulbs and we also have these 'pin' type. Those bulbs fit in a certain slot and then you push and turn the bulb a quarter turn for it to make the connection.
I was over at one of our guest flats checking on a few details for our influx of visitors for the busy graduation season. I noticed the dining room light was missing a bulb. You guessed it, I stuck my finger in the socket to see if it takes a screw or pin type bulb. I got a really good 220 volt shock! Here's the singed finger to prove it. (How was I to know it was switched on. And I didn't intend to touch all the way up!)