The newsletter I sent out two weeks ago for getting the final support in said today was the day for getting a ticket. I talked to the travel agent again and I have until tomorrow. So I will wait one more day.
As of today I still have about $475 per month to raise. However, I haven't completely crunched numbers to see if the one-time gifts might be over the target enough to cover the gap for the next year.
I've had folks ask, "Well, how close to you really have to be?" Since my organization is so new and small it's negotiable. 90% would be the minimum. I'd feel better with 95%. Of course, 100% would be best.