Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cooking with Gas

On Friday night I got home around 6:45 and began my evening scramble. I hoped to get a ton done because I was planning to go into town on Saturday and spend the night at a friend’s. I had a list of things to accomplish in town and wanted to get a jump on my chores for the weekend.

But there was no gas in my gas bottle for my stove. I dragged my spare out, hooked it up, still no gas. Finally I called Craig – what am I doing wrong??? I found that the gas bottle fitting was different and thus I couldn’t connect it to my stove even though it seemed like it was connected.

Now what? I have a toaster and an electric kettle for boiling water. Ah – ha, there was an old electric wok in the pantry. Ever try to make rice in a wok. All I wanted to do was that and heat up some left-over peanut stew. Cold cereal and a trip to town to remedy the problem.

The most ironic part, my friend’s gas bottle was out too. Thankfully she has a partial electric stove, so I was able to cook and even make pizzas at her place.

1 comment:

Grace Lee said...

Hi Jan,
I'm glad everything worked out okay.
This is going to be a great day!
Love,
Lee