Friday, February 29, 2008

Kenyan History in the Making

The President of Kenya Mwai Kibaki and the opposition leader Raila Odinga signed an agreement yesterday to create a new position of Prime Minister for Odinga to hold. The article I read today talks about how relieved Kenyans are:

"With the agreement signed, Kenyans finally got the breakthrough they had been praying for in the two months since violence broke out after the disputed presidential elections."

Thank you for all your prayers concerning Kenya. I don’t think it’s all over yet. There is still much to be sorted out. But we are on our way. If you want to read more check out the Daily Nation article I read.

1 comment:

Waldemar Family said...

Glad things are settling down in Kenya.

Piper saw your prayer card above the sink and shouted out your name yesterday. I know she misses you - she can't figure out where you are. I told her Africa but I'm pretty sure she doesn't get it:) Missing you! B