Saturday, September 8, 2007

Giving Thanks

Wow things are moving along. Today is my first "free" day in a while and so I'm cooking a turkey. It's not that I love turkey so much that I need to make one whenever I'm free. It's not that you can't get turkeys in Kenya. It's not that the weather here in Minneapolis has finally turned a little cooler (which it has). It's just that I moved out of my house last weekend and there was a turkey in the freezer that didn't fit in the freezer where I'm staying.

But the task of cooking a turkey is a good reminder of everything that goes with Thanksgiving. It's given me pause to reflect that I am thankful for everything moving along in the preparations for going to Kenya. My support is creeping upwards, I have the best renters I could have imagined for my house... God is good, even when transition can be challenging.

I'm thankful.

1 comment:

Grace Lee said...

It's always a good idea to cook a turkey.
-Your sister