Thursday, May 13, 2010

Practical Update

I keep going back and forth with how to write about a recent event. Thus it's kept me from writing. But I just decided that instead of being careful and cleaver, I would just tell you.

On Sunday evening, my house was flooded again. This was much worse than the last time and it has badly damaged the floors. Basically my little nearby flat is uninhabitable. It's a shame.

I'm fine, but it's put me in a bit of a tizzy looking for somewhere safe to live. I have found a nice masionette (townhouse) but it's not so close to work I can run home over lunch like I often do. It's not that easy walk so I can have Daystar guests over for supper and so on. Other than that, it's a great place and I am looking forward to being high and dry!

Right now it's only 4:30 in the afternoon and it's very dark with thunder and lightening. If you are inclined to pray, please pray that my place doesn't flood again before I move out. It's possible, and honestly it will be far harder to get the water out because the wood floors have now all buckled.

Thanks, more as I am able to write.

Update: It's pouring again. really hard as I write. I could go home to another flood.

2 comments:

Tony Beach said...

Jan,

Sorry to hear about the unpleasant 2nd flooding. We'll be praying for you and for the details of your move.
Julie Beach

SpringSnoopy (Julie) said...

OH, Jan@!! I will praying for your home (old and future).

And I also pray you will be able to continue to be hospitable to Daystar students in ways unexpected.