Sunday, February 21, 2010

Communication Blues

This blog is one attempt to keep up with my friends and family half way around the world. If I were motivated and a good writer, you might have a bit of a picture of this world I live in. But even so, I’m sure that I would leave things out. And you might end up with all kinds of questions, ones you never ask.

I will go on assuming that I have communicated accurately, you will believe you know what I’ve said. Both of us will be wrong. So this is your invitation to ask me more. I can’t guarantee that I will be able to paint a true picture of my life here, or harder still, what I think on any given topic even with clarifying questions.

I will try. I will make an effort to make it clear. Should I miss that mark, I ask you to first of all, believe the best. Because you have only received a slice of my life, please realize that there is so much more to it, more than I can say, more than I can ever express even to my closest friend – even one right here.

That is the joy and pain of living somewhere so far from home, somewhere outside of my own culture; it’s the mixed blessing of living without a spouse, someone who might be able to read me a bit better than my blog readers can.

Thanks for your grace to me. I hope to remember to extend it to you as well.

No comments: