Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Considering Another Year...

fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you." Isaiah 41:13

Normally, I am very contented with who I am and my place in life. I am thankful for the flexibility my singleness gives me. I am glad to be working at Daystar in Nairobi. I love this new job and it’s where I want to be. It’s the right place at the right time.

However, there are times when I wish things were different. I wish I didn’t have to be the one to always ask, “When will my desk, chair and computer arrive? Is this office permanent or temporary? Would it be possible to be with my department rather than in another building?” These are just reflections of a deeper longing to not always be autonomous or all on my own.

Its times like these that I am so glad that the Lord in on my side.

There is a certain comfort in knowing that Someone is taking my hand and holding it. It’s as if I am again a 4-year-old and I don’t have to be the one to worry about crossing the street by myself, watching for cars and trying to work out the timing.

I don’t often feel fear, but I am sometimes dismayed. God comes along to help me, of all people! If I ever think it’s the other way around I am sadly mistaken. The weight of this help humbles me and brings tears to my eyes.

What a mercy to me. I can do nothing but be grateful.

No comments: