Monday, October 6, 2008

Karla Said Yes!


My long-time friend Karla got married for the first time this weekend at age 51. (I don't think she would mind you knowing her age because we are all amazed at this turn of events - her included.) Roy knew as soon as he met her that he wanted to marry her, and that God had been quite specific about taking care of her for the rest of her life. But it took Karla an entire year to warm up to the idea and hear God on the subject. I left the country while she was still keeping him at arm's length. You can imagine that I was pretty shocked when I got her email telling me that she was engaged. Since I had no warning that things had shifted.

It was a beautiful wedding. Karla was stunning. Now she's married! I still can't believe it. But I am so happy for her and always amazed that anything can happen at any time.

No comments: