Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 Already?

The New Year has slipped in virtually unnoticed. I did entertain on New Year’s Day for a celebration, more of an excuse to have people over for a potluck. I left the invitation open for folks to bring others. It ended up being the most international event I’ve had in a long time.

I hosted Americans and Kenyans, Ethiopians, a Canadian, French, Irish and even a South African. Oddly there were only about 21 or so people there, so I think that’s a pretty good mix. It was mostly a time of visiting with others. But one Ethiopian gal that is a struggling refugee came with everything to make traditional Ethiopian coffee, it was a real treat!

I hope to post some photos eventually.

The date of this post indicates I’m a little behind on things...

No comments: