Monday, April 27, 2009

In the Words of Cecilia

Being at Daystar is a miracle that I cannot even explain. I have never had anybody to rely on financially in my entire life, but I know God makes a way where there is no way, and I trust in Him. I am studying community development and psychology because after I graduate I want to go back to my community to work with hurting people.

I’m an orphan; my mother died when she was giving birth to me. I was brought up by my grandparents who took care of me and who struggled very much to provide for my primary education. I went to secondary school on a scholarship from the government, and in January 2008 I joined Daystar.

I got saved on April 14th 2005 after hearing a testimony about how Jesus cares for those who trust in Him. Before that I was very bitter with God and thought I was the most disadvantaged in the world, but now I know that God loves me and that he is the father to the fatherless and mother to the motherless. I desire to live for Christ and make many people know Him through me.

I plan to start a home where I can take care of orphans and the needy. God is faithful, and I believe he will help me achieve my dream.

No comments: