Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Eighth Anniversary

I didn’t realize it until I looked at the date this morning. My dad passed away eight years ago today. It was the year the election had been so close and the trouble with Florida’s ballots meant that we still didn’t know who our next president would be.

Of my parents, I am most like my dad. He was adventuresome, outgoing, and loved to cook. He enjoyed the outdoors and had an appreciation for art. He was a decisive first-born servant who retired a little early just so he could start volunteering more.

If he were still alive he would have turned 82 last Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet about your dad. Great picture, too!
I'm really happy we were able to meet you up in Minnesota. You were pretty resilient with all the kids! It was a wonderful trip for us.
justin

SpringSnoopy (Julie) said...

What a warm and beautiful photo. :)

Grace Lee said...

Jan,
what a cute picture of you and Mike. I almost forgot how sweet you two were.
see you soon,
Love,
Lee